Introducing the world’s longest one-day road cycling event; Red Bull Timelaps
August 8, 2017 - by fusionmedia Client News, Cycling, Featured
London, 8th August 2017 – Entries have today opened for a brand new road cycling event … with a twist. Taking place across Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th October, Red Bull Timelaps sees teams of riders take full advantage of the clocks going back by racing against the dying of the light in a gruelling 25-hour race. Taking place within the iconic Windsor Great Park the event is set to be the world’s longest one-day road cycling race.
The inaugural event will see 600 participants push their physical and mental limits by tackling a 6.6km closed circuit for a whopping 25 hours. Competing in teams of four, riders have the opportunity to partner with friends and family to see who can complete the most laps within the time frame. With only one rider from each team allowed on the course at any point, participants will have to demonstrate a mixture of strategic nous, endurance and determination to overcome the challenge.
Fittingly participants will be treated to an added twist at 2am, allowing them to make the most of the extra hour when the clocks go back. Dubbed the ‘Power Hour’, riders will take on a new shorter course where their laps over the following 60 minutes will count double.
The race will be held at the beautiful Windsor Great Park, situated just outside of London. Opening its gates to a cycling road race for the first time ever, the park’s well-surfaced, undulating and traffic-free roads will provide the perfect location for the race.
Entries for Red Bull Timelaps are now open, with team entry costing £250 and £200 if all team members are under 25. Those without a complete team can still enter as a single entrants (priced at £65 for individuals) and be matched with a team closer to the date. To secure a place, find out more information about the event or watch the promotional video please visit: www.redbull.com/gb-en/events/timelaps
Join the conversation @RedBullUK with the hashtag #RedBullTimelaps
- A New Vision To Colour The Road – Le Col Unveil Vibrant and Technical Kit for DROPS Le Col Team
- Raleigh Launch Bold New Hoppa & Classics Leisure Bikes
- Evans Cycles and Raleigh help one of Britain’s oldest paperboys, 80, postpone retirement with gifted electric bike
- The All-Party Parliamentary Group for Cycling & Walking appoints Fusion Media to support its work powering change in Westminster and beyond
- Beryl E-Scooters Arrive In Bournemouth and Poole
- Industry Leaders Launch New Cycling Marketing Board
- Wahoo Launch New ELEMNT RIVAL GPS Watch